I have quite a sweet tooth and love a bit of chocolate as my go-to treat. However, I also love a healthy alternative as a bit of a guilt-free yumminess - and so step in these cacao and coconut protein balls.
I have had this in my 'must make' list for such a long time but finally got around to making these - and they were delicious.
1 cup medjool dates
1 and a half cup unsalted cashew nuts
Tablespoon cacao powder
Tablespoon desiccated coconut
Tablespoon chia seeds (optional - this adds a little extra protein)
Plus more coconut for the coating
1. Measure out the dates. Soak them for a few minutes in hot water.
2. Measure out the rest of the ingredients and place into a blender, adding the soaked dates.
3. Blend the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
4. Using a spoon and your hands, roll out the paste into small balls (this can get quite mucky)!
5. Roll each ball into some more of the desiccated coconut and place onto a tray or plate.
6. Place the balls into the freezer for at least 30 mins to chill and set.
7. Once set, leave in fridge before eating!
This recipe makes about 8-10 balls.